Mission and Philosophy
Goldey-Beacom College enters its second century firmly committed to the proud tradition of providing accessible education of the highest quality. An independent, multilevel college, Goldey-Beacom College offers challenging undergraduate and graduate programs. As a teaching-oriented institution of higher learning, the College emphasizes instructional excellence in the classroom and is committed to sustaining faculty who are caring, dedicated and knowledgeable in their respective fields; who motivate their students to realize their full learning potential; and, above all, who represent the very best in teaching excellence. Goldey-Beacom College is further committed to providing a caring, wholesome, intellectually stimulating learning environment to its students so that they may grow as individuals and become worthy, productive members of society.
In the twenty-first century, Goldey-Beacom College will be a leading regional institution of higher education, offering the highest quality programs in a nurturing atmosphere where quality is always dictated by the needs of our principal consumer - the student, and where consumer satisfaction is pursued by all as the paramount goal. In realization of this vision, and as a foremost measure of quality, the College will attract and retain a dedicated, professional staff, as well as credentialed faculty recognized for expertise in their field and who excel in the art of teaching, student mentoring, endeavors of scholarship, research, and service. Built on this firm foundation of scholarship, service, and support, the institution will seek and maintain the most prestigious of national accreditations.
The goals of Goldey-Beacom College are as follows:
1. To provide students with a broad general education consisting of communications, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences so that they may develop an informed understanding of the society in which they live.
2. To provide students with an in-depth preparation in their major field of study in order to facilitate their successful entry into a career or advanced education.
3. To instill in students the added dimension of a strong sense of the public good and to develop their leadership potential.
4. To help make the College accessible to all academically qualified students through financial aid, flexible scheduling, on-line interaction, and distance learning opportunities.
5. To maintain up-to-date curricula which are responsive to the current and future needs of students.
6. To attract, hire, and retain competent faculty who are masterful in the art of teaching.
7. To provide faculty with on-going opportunities for professional growth and advancement in their area of teaching responsibility in order to further enhance knowledge and teaching excellence for the benefit of students.
8. To assure technology literacy in all students by providing interaction with up-to-date computer equipment and software and by integrating technology throughout all curricula.
9. To provide students with a learning environment which is caring and supportive yet challenging and rigorous.
10. To provide academic integrity by creating an environment that fosters ethical values and honest behaviors.
11. To prepare students for career leadership positions in the region, nation, and world by providing a broad and varied learning experience.
12. To actively assist students and alumni in the job search and placement process.
13. To continually assess and refine programs and services to assure high student satisfaction and the achievement of all institutional goals.